3:31 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
We have been here almost 2 months now!
An hour after walking in the door of our new house for the first time I sat and cried! So many emotions were going through me - I was jet lagged after 2 overseas trips just days of each other, I just traveled with 2 kids and enough luggage to move here , our house was under repair, the house was filthy, I just said good bye to my family and friends, I was told my sea freight would not fit in the container (later they realized there was no problem and everything fit)...I just had to let it all out. Jeramie instisted on food to cheer me up (it's like he knows me). We had a wonderful lunch on the beach and intruduced the kids to the sand. Seeing the kids RUNNING up and down the beach and in and out of the flow let me know everything was going to be alright.
Since then. I have been making this house a home, driving, sight seeing, shopping, playing, and learning quite a bit of Portuguese! We have all been getting along great and truly loving it here. It has helped so much that we met another family with 2 girls the same age as Asher and Chapel. We try to do everything together because it is simply more fun.
Here are some common sights around town and around the house. Enjoy!Waiting on freight.
toons
Chapel wants to walk Sara everywhere.
Pond in our neighborhood.

Park in centro.

Fish market.


The bay.
Shopping for fruits and veggies.


Brizz is happy here.
We see a lot of people on horseback and horses carrying carts for deliveries.

Just outside of the city.
These are shannys along the roadside. It is said that if they build enough shannys that last a period of time they gain ownership of the farmer's land.
They burn a lot and anywhere.
Just outside of the city.
Macae neighborhoods.
Playing with palm leaves.
Catching cool lizards.
Sara is glad she has the kids back. Don't think she wants them to get away again.
Ashers pet.
Brizzi is glad to get her boy back and her place in his bed back.
Asher's new friend.
Our new beach life.

1 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh Annette....Thank you SO much for this post. I think of y'all often and wonder what your life is like! I know now that you are soaking it up and enjoying your blessed adventure! Please post when you can!